June 12-15, 2011
Started with mod_wsgi, with my own wsgi application. Looked at a nice tutorial for developing wsgi app by paste( framework for developing web framework,)
- Inside mailman source code: REST server using wsgiref and application using restish
- Still confused over whether to use framework:
- It will be very helpful to use framework. Basically, we need to show these three types of pages:
- Conversation list or thread — by pages or by months
- View a conversation
- Everything related to search:-> mailocate + search by period
- Framework requirements:
- Require without ORM as we can use Storm
- If mailman uses some framework already(restish or django by benste), then use that.
- Choices: Django and web2py.
Static Html pages:
I am trying to finish all the code related to static page generation.
- Downloaded some .mbox file and tested archive_message() on message retrieved from that.
- As I had changed the code of pipermail to minimize the work done when adding a new message to archives. It turns out that specific case of archiving a full mbox file needs to be taken care of. Implemented that. Tested on some small mbox files.